REFERENCES - BLACK BOX - CONFIDENCE
If you are struggling with confidence in the bedroom, or find yourself needing an extra boost, Confidence can help. This all-natural sexual enhancement formulation combines ingredients that can boost testosterone levels, increase your energy, and help improve sexual performance.
Icariin, also known as horny goat weed, has been used in traditional Chinese medicine throughout history as a treatment for erectile dysfunction (ED). Given as a supplement, it can improve blood flow throughout the body.
3,4-divanillylterahydrofuran (DVTF) is a natural compound found in extract from Urtica diocica, also known as the stinging nettle root. This compound may boost your testosterone levels, giving you more energy and stamina. Increased free testosterone with the help of DVTF may also improve your overall mood and libido, helping you get your confidence back.
Damiana Leaf Extract
Damiana leaf extract comes from the plant Turnera diffusa. Over the course of history, the plant has traditionally been used as an herbal remedy and aphrodisiac for sexual arousal.
Mucuna pruriens is a legume found in many tropical and sub-tropical locations around the world. Also known as velvet bean, this plant contains high concentrations of L-dopa, which is a compound used to treat Parkinson’s disease. The brain needs L-dopa to make dopamine, a chemical in the brain that can boost pleasure, giving it aphrodisiac properties according to Ayruvedic medicine.
Tribulus terrestris is a small, leafy plant that is grown in many parts of the world, including Asia, Africa, Europe, and the Middle East. Traditionally, it has been used to boost libido in Ayurvedic and traditional Chinese medicine. Studies have also found this to be true. One clinical trial looked at the effects of T. terrestris on sexual desire, satisfaction, and orgasmic function in men aged 18 to 65 with mild to moderate ED. Kamenov et al. found that T. terrestris significantly improved all these parameters when compared to a placebo.
Bulbine natalensis is an herb found in the southern parts of Africa with traditional uses as an aphrodisiac. Extracts from the plant have been found to improve sexual performance and increase testosterone. As it has grown in popularity as a prosexual supplement, B. natalensis has also been studied for its safety in healthy adult men.
Fadogia agrestis is a shrub native to Nigeria that has been used as an aphrodisiac. Extracts from the roots of the plant have been studied for their effects on testosterone and sexual performance.
Alpha-yohimbine comes from the bark of the Pausinystalia yohimbe plant, which is an evergreen tree found in Asia and West Africa. It has a long history as a treatment for ED and has been favorably compared to other remedies for the condition. Alpha-yohimbine can enhance blood flow, improve sexual sensation, and boost stamina.
- Sharp MH, Shields KA, Rauch JT, Lowery RP, Durkee, et al. The Effects of a Multi-Ingredient Performance Supplement on Hormonal Profiles and Body Composition in Male College Athletes. Sports (Basel). 2016;4(2):26.
- Kotta S, Ansari SK, Ali J. Exploring scientifically proven herbal aphrodisiacs. Pharmacogn Rev. 2013;7(13):1-10.
- Lampariello LR, Cortelazzo A, Guerranti R, Sticozzi C, Valacchi G. The Magic Velvet Bean of Mucuna pruriens. J Tradit Complement Med. 2012;2(4):331-339.
- Kamenov Z, Fileva S, Kalinov K, Jannini EA. Evaluation of the efficacy and safety of Tribulus terrestris in male sexual dysfunction – A prospective, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical trial. Maturitas. 2017;99:20-26.
- Hofheins JE, Habowski SM, Ziegenfuss TN, Lopez HL. Short term safety of Bulbine natalensis supplementation in healthy men. J Int Soc Sports Nutr. 2012;9(Suppl 1): P33.